Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Blago must be worried

At least, that's the only reason I can come up with as to why he's pulling this sort of stunt. He's trying to appeal to down-staters with tripe like this:

"Had my dad immigrated to the southern part of the state, instead of being a steelworker, he'd have been a coal miner, and I probably would have grown up instead of shooting hoops at the playground, shooting rifles and hunting," said Blagojevich, appearing in casual dress outside the state-funded $50 million World Shooting and Recreational Complex that his administration championed.

and

"A guy in my neighborhood with a gun, that's a gang-banger, and he ain't hunting deer or quail. That guy's up to no good. It's a lot different down here," Blagojevich added, stressing that he understands the distinction. "It's law-abiding, it's legitimate, and it ought to be celebrated."

So my US Constitutionally guaranteed right (which extends to me even in your state through the 14th amendment) is nothing but a regional preference? The only reason everyone in Chicago who has a gun is a criminal is that (people like) you have made it a crime to be in Chicago with a gun.

If I'm reading his sentence right, he's saying that "a guy down here with a gun is legitimate and ought to be celebrated". Is he proposing some kind of "Southern IL Gun Fest"? Somehow I doubt it.

I would happily let Chicago succeed from IL and leave us the heck alone. Sadly, the reason is that with all their voting power, they're able to trample my Constitutional rights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home