Thursday, August 31, 2006

Illinois officer cleared of machine gun charge

The M4 machine gun was the private property of the police officer but he says he bought it and used it only for police purposes, so he gets off the hook.
But Herndon wrote that the federal law granting that authority was too vague in
this instance to support the charges against Vest. Given that Vest apparently
used it only for law enforcement purposes, Herndon said, charging him "seems to
go against the purpose" of the federal law.

So do you think that if I were a reserve deputy and I bought a machine gun in my name with my money and kept it at my house, I'd get the same treatment? Maybe so!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was cleared because he was one of the "Only Ones". We peons would be in a world of hurt if WE were caught with a weapon like that.

September 05, 2006 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home