Thursday, April 20, 2006

Home "ownership"

Someone made a point in comments on this post:

My house is bought and paid for long ago, but if I don't pay the property taxes, the city and county will seize it, and me if I object. It's not mine and will NEVER be mine free and clear under this system.

He's absolutely right. Anything you have to make indefinite reoccuring payments on is not really yours. Property taxes may be the greatest evil of our government.

All I want is to be able to retire on a little homestead where I can fend for myself, but if I don't do something to make a few FRN's, the .gov will come a knockin' (or no-knockin').

I don't have any good solutions to this one, (other than aboloshing property taxes) so I'm open to suggestions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right.

I told my Father that "the government owns your land. Don't believe me? Try not paying the property tax and wait until they evict you. Then you'll believe me."

Good ole Dad is a pro Democrat sort of guy. He thinks that all these taxes are for our good.

April 20, 2006 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home