Friday, June 16, 2006

Good for you, but why not me?

Police say officer justified in killing

The officer was sitting in the vehicle at a stop sign at 109th Street and Wentworth Avenue about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, when the man jumped onto the hood, police said. According to police, Lofton said: "I'm going to kill you! I'm going to kill you!"

I'm glad she was okay. She was attacked, threatened, and in fear for her life. She justifiably shot him in self-defense with a weapon she was carrying with her.

Why is it though, that you and I must remain defenseless in the same situation (seeing as how this is in Chicago)? The officer wasn't even on duty, so why could she carry a gun around for (obviously justifiable) protection when you and I aren't allowed to do the same?

I guess we're just not professional enough.

File under: Only Ones

1 Comments:

Blogger Smokin' Barrel said...

If you or I carry a gun, the world might be a better place, and then alot of those "profesional" officers would be out of a job.

June 17, 2006 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home