Thursday, February 15, 2007

What if...

All blonde-haired, blue-eyed men named Nicolas are to be made slaves to the State. We will not be harmed, so long as we cooperate. We will have our basic needs met, and even our families will be cared for. We just won’t be free.

Shall I fight? Will you fight on my behalf?

I wonder.

My life is not threatened. My family’s life is not threatened. Only my freedom is to be dispensed with. The Bible allows me to kill in defense of my life or the life of another, but slaves are commanded to obey their masters, even abusive ones.

Perhaps under these circumstances, the right thing to do would be to submit, knowing that my life is temporary and has been bought with a price. It belongs to my Creator.

What if it were not me? What if it were blonde-haired, blue-eyed men named Adam? It would seem noble to fight on their behalf, for their freedom and natural human rights.

But is my freedom, or anyone else’s for that matter, worth the price of a life?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But is my freedom, or anyone else’s for that matter, worth the price of a life?

Jesus Christ thought so. That's why He died for you.

March 29, 2007 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your thoughts about guns, my friend but while surfing some sites on gun rights and how their erosion, I came across this completely nutty broad who has a scary agenda. I'm spreading the word cause we gotta tell her like it is. Check out this link :

http://non-violentplanetnewspage.blogspot.com/

May 18, 2007 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who cares what the hero of some mystical folklore says? Particularly if it endorses slavery.

July 04, 2007 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home