Friday, May 05, 2006

Items of interest

I haven't had much time to write, but here are a few things of interest (to me, anyway):

Teddy Kennedy's son got in a drunken wreck. We'd be treated the same way, right?

Here are some links to a little light conspiracy theory reading:

If reading's not your thing, download and watch this video. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, because I haven't got it all downloaded, but it looks very interesting so far.

I haven't read this (Crackdown takes aim at guns, sentencing) but it looks like something I ought to be covering.

Here (New law puts guns in right hands) is a response to an article I wrote about recently ("Kaci is Confused" - April.)

Sorry, but the lack of comments and feedback makes it less fulfilling to put the work in to writing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

"...the lack of comments and feedback makes it less fulfilling to put the work in to writing."

Yes it does, but it takes time to build an audience, too.

If you're not first and foremost writing for yourself, you won't keep it up.

May 05, 2006 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up. I've been doing this for about 9 months. I generally get one or two comments per post and most of the time from one or two regulars.

I average about 60 hits a day, however and if I write something especially interesting, I've gotten as many as 200 hits in a day. (There are many out there, but I use ewebcounter.com to track my stats).

I don't know if I'm making a difference or not but the ranting is cathartic for me and it helps to know that at least a few people are interested in what I have to say.

And, to be quite frank, you're a better writer than I am.

Don't give up.

a few tips:

Leave comments on blogs...alot. Always enter the link to your blog when you comment (usually it's part of the login process and in blogger it's automatic). Some people will have their interest piqued by your comment and will check out your blog. I've gotten a couple of my most loyal readers that way.

Try to hit a new blog every day. Leave a comment on at least one post. Even if no one else does, it is very likely that the blog author will check out your blog.

Get involved in webrings.

Check out haloscan.com. Find out about trackback. Any time you blog about something that other bloggers are hitting, send them a trackback ping. It's a quick and easy way to get links to your blog out there.

I'm sure others (and more successful bloggers) can give you even more tips but those are the ones I've found most successful in drumming up new business.

May 05, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger nicolas said...

Thanks for the encourangement; I'll stick with it.

May 06, 2006 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home