Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pheonix's Phinest

E. David Quammen of Phoenix, AZ has a little run-in with the PO-lice:

An officer shined a light on me and then pulled up. Tells me to keep my hands where he can see them. No problem. Then he tells me 'I need for you to give me your gun'. And I said no, you don't, I've got Rights. He stated 'My safety comes first.' In turn I said, think you have that backwards. I'm the citizen and you are the servant. He then says "I don't need a civics lesson, are you going to comply or not?" I then say I have a Constitutionally protected Right to keep and bear arms, you are a public servant and have no right to disarm me. I've presented no threat to you and you are not justified to disarm me. He then calls in the 'goon' squad.

What would you have done?

I think David's actions were appropriate and got the point across. What worries him (and me) is the apparent prevalence of such a superior attitude by our supposed "public servants".

4 Comments:

Blogger BobG said...

I think he was in the right. Of course, that doesn't mean that the authorities won't try to find some loophole to make his life miserable for standing up for his rights.

May 23, 2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger M1Thumb said...

"My safety comes first"? And what constitutes YOUR SAFETY? Will you feel "safe" when you're beating me down or raping my wife? What a pathetic, subjective standard/excuse to trample someone's rights. I'm glad the guy stood up to him. Funny how you get painted like a criminal when you stand up for your rights.

May 23, 2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Paul Huebl Crimefile News said...

He's got a right to get get shot dead by a rogue cop too. The officer says, "he pulled his gun on me and I shot him!"

It will be nearly impossible to prove that's not the case.

If he survives he will get many years in prison and lose all that he owns.

It's best to comply, be polite and have the contact end on a high note.

The courts, public and media don't give a rat's ass about yours or my gun rights.

Taat's reality...

May 24, 2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger nicolas said...

Apparently 'crimefile' is content to sit back and watch the erosion of our constitutionally guarenteed rights.

What will you tell your children when they ask you how it came to this? "They didn't care about my rights, so I decided not to care either".

May 24, 2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home