Thursday, May 11, 2006

Brady Blood Dance

I'm not going to dignify their story with a link. I'm sure you can find it if you want. Really, it's difficult to determine what actually happened because the "release" is so full of rhetoric. Here are the low points:
  • Michael W. Kennedy is allegedly mentally unstable. No facts are given.
  • He ends up in a shootout with the cops. Again, no explanation is given as to how or why.
  • The Bradies contend that he used an "assault weapon". There is no legal definition of "assault weapon" in VA.
  • "Seventy shots -- this man fired seventy shots at the police before he could be stopped," said Paul Helmke, the former Fort Wayne, Ind., mayor who will take over as Brady President on July 4th. "Somehow he was able to get the guns and the ammunition to shoot that many times at the police officers we ask to protect us. It's incredible, and it's unreasonable." - Somehow?? I guess that proves your gun control laws are ineffective, doesn't it Paul?

The rest of the article is just a bunch of blood dancing aimed at drumming up support for useless gun-control measures. I'd like to talk with anyone who takes these guys seriously.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Paul, I don't ask the police to protect me. That's why I have "all the guns and ammunition to shoot that many times."

May 11, 2006 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home