Thursday, June 29, 2006

The call for "special schools"

Some day your free-thinking child won't be welcome at the local publik skool. He will be deemed as "disruptive" for his "radical ideas" about the constitution and limited scope of the government.
"These children should be taken outside of mainstream education and put in special schools to give the well behaved children a chance to learn."
Substitute "well behaved children" with "Hitler youth" and you get my feeling on the matter. None of this would be a problem if we didn't have State run "education". Kids who really are disruptive would simply be denied service. If you don't want to learn, you don't have to. If you want to, you and your parents (not me) have to work for it. All of the sudden I think you'd find people a little more interested in school because they'd have a vested interest. Plus I'd keep my tax money.

File under: Nanny State

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home