Wednesday, June 28, 2006

House GOP to Focus on Abortion, Guns

The article is mostly NOT about abortion OR guns, but that's beside the point.

Two measures relate to the rights of gun owners. One would prohibit the confiscation of legal firearms during national emergencies, barring practices such as the one that officials said arose in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit.

Sure, there's a good idea. We observe that sometimes officials ignore the Constitution, so we'll write a law that says they're not allowed to do that. Something seems amiss here...

Whatever the other "measure" is, it's not mentioned in this article.

On a side note, the article also mentions that:

House Republicans also said they would hold a vote on legislation to apply gambling laws to the Internet.

Yes! Please! Protect me from my own sinful nature! I have no control over myself! I need the State to be my nanny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home