Monday, June 12, 2006

Officers John Keesor and Michelle Alvis

So the names are out, but not much else has changed. From this article, we get a feel for what it was like for one tenant to lie handcuffed while the PO-lice hunted down and shot his roommate.

Speaking publicly for the first time about the events leading up to the death of 25-year-old Asa Sullivan, Jason Martin said the officers who arrived to check on a trespassing report Tuesday night at a Villas Parkmerced townhouse never told him why they were there before handcuffing him on the floor.

"They banged on my door and said, 'SFPD,' " Martin said. "I seen guns and flashlights. They said, 'Get down on the floor.' I got down on the floor. They had guns on me."

"They asked if he had any weapons," Martin said of the officers. "I told them no. I think she panicked. I think both of them panicked."

"At first, when they got up there, they couldn't find him," Martin said. "Then the female officer screamed they found him. I guess he was in a corner, but he wasn't coming down. He was telling them to stay away from him."

"It was like, 'Boom, boom, boom, boom,' " he said. After that, Martin added, "I didn't hear Asa say anything."


That pretty much sums it up.

Lastly, we get a final clarification that the police definitely DID LIE TO TRY TO COVER UP THE "ACCIDENTAL" SHOOTING:
Police originally reported that Sullivan had fired on officers through the attic floor and that his gun had been found at the scene. They later said neither was the case.

That's the professionals for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home