Friday, April 21, 2006

This just in - Americans don't like being told what they can/can't do

The Second Amendment Foundation (press release, noting the trend of people leaving states known for oppressive firearm regulation:

"This is no mystery," said SAF founder Alan Gottlieb. "Those states are infamous for their anti-gun attitudes. Countless times have we heard from people who have moved from those states because they wanted to escape the Draconian gun laws.
"The Census Bureau reports that New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles lost the most residents between 2000 and 2004," Gottlieb continued. "Anti-gun politicians and their restrictive gun laws have made it virtually impossible for average law-abiding citizens to get a concealed pistol license in Los Angeles or New York City. In Chicago, you can't own an unregistered handgun, and they no longer register handguns.


I'll admit, getting out of the commie state I live in is a temptation. Like a lot of people, I feel tied to my job and familiy that are in the area, but what price can you put on individual freedom?

I guess that heretofore I've decided that it's worth giving up convenience to buy guns to be around my family, my wife's family, and a good paying, stable job. I suppose that if it were to get substantially worse here, I'd have to seriously consider a move.

Have any of you ever struck out on your own to a feedom loving state? Anyone interested ought to check out one of a few "free state projects" going on. There seems to be one group that focuses on a few western states and one that's headed to the "Live Free or Die" state. Good luck to both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home