Friday, April 21, 2006

Checkpoint ahead, be prepared to stop.

Be prepared to stop.

Drug checkpoint ahead.

All vehicles subject to search.

Have you ever come across these signs? I did, yesterday on the way home from work. I couldn't believe my eyes. I've heard of these things before, but I thought they were illegal. Actually, I heard a story about a time that the signs were set up with no real checkpoint and officers waited to pull over anyone caught turning around as a result.

Maybe that was the case last night, because there never was any checkpoint. I didn't have anything remotely questionable in my automobile, but I was rehearsing how to resist any search in my mind.

WTF?? Anyone have any information about these "checkpoints"?

Papers please??

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy Levy said...

It seemed to me that this was a clear violation of your Fourth Amendment rights. Turns out that for once I was right! See this post for the truth about these "drug checkpoints."

It's bad enough that the police spend their time on victimless "criminals," but it's even worse when they're violating the Constitution while doing so.

KYFHO!

-Cranky

April 22, 2006 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home